ODL News and Announcements
- Learning in an Introductory Physics MOOC: All Cohorts Learn Equally, Including an On-Campus Class
- The Office of Digital Learning is holding an Open House on Monday, September 29th
- The Institutional Research section of the Office of the Provost is accepting applications to request MITx data for research
- The Institute-Wide Task Force on the Future of MIT Education released their Final Report
- MIT and Harvard release de-identified dataset from first-year of courses on edX
- MIT and Harvard present Insights: a collection of interactive data visualizations for all MITx offerings
- MIT and Harvard release working papers, including HarvardX and MITx: The First Year of Open Online Courses
- MITx courses: In session, upcoming, and archived
- Come hear xTalks: Digital Discourses
- MITx, edX team up with City of Chicago to bring high school students MOOC-style learning
MIT Office of Digital Learning
Recent innovations in teaching methods and educational technologies, combined with developments in open access, have created an exciting opportunity to rethink the learning environment for students at MIT and around the world. Using digital methods to transfer information outside the classroom will enable professors and students to spend more time together building the knowledge, attitudes and skills that students need to become great thinkers and doers.
Building on these trends, the mission of the Office of Digital Learning is to transform teaching and learning at MIT and around the globe through the innovative use of digital technologies. We are committed to collaboration, research, implementation and open sharing.