ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
Under general supervision, provides administrative assistant support for MITx. Resolves non-routine problems in a thorough and timely manner; uses discretion and knows who to go to in order to resolve issues and complete tasks. Requires analysis and interpretation of situations, and selection of approaches based on precedent in similar situations. This position will work with all the MITx teams, project management, media, educational technology and intellectual property. Tasks will be area specific but administrative in type. This role will also include general administrative tasks such as scheduling and account reconciliation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- General admin responsibilities including scheduling, ordering and light finance.
- Maintains databases using Quickbase
- Researches and gathers information for projects.
- Performs other related duties as required, including work performed at lower levels, when necessary.
- Assist in studio shoots
- Track equipment lending
- Schedule studio time and meetings
- Identify privacy release needs and follow up
- Database record checking and verification
- Transfer IP Objects into new system
- License logistics
- Support Digital Managers with edX about page tracking
- Support MITx Service Online project (course development)
- Research and track press about MITx courses
- Create and send marketing emails – light photoshop use.
At least three years of office experience; strong interpersonal skills; a creative streak; ability to learn quickly, work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines; an eye for detail; ability to function well in a changing environment. Bachelor’s degree.
This is a temporary position renewable on an annual basis.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.