DIGITAL/WEB CHANNEL COORDINATOR
The Digital/Web Channel Coordinator will manage different website properties at the Office of Digital Learning to ensure communications and marketing goals are achieved and will bring ODL’s digital presence to the next level. This role will engage users digitally to provide positive experiences and identify new opportunities to interact with new users.
Specific tasks include: web analytics and evaluation, liaising with web developer for design/development/maintenance of sites, search engine optimization, contributing to and coordinating website roadmaps for web improvements, updating content for sites, providing user experience advice, among others. This role will also coordinate the launch of new sites that support ODL vision and that provide better ways to bring our products to market. Also may support digital marketing campaigns. This role reports to Marketing and Communications Manager.
1. Manage several ODL websites, including ODL.mit.edu using drupal CMS, Wordpress and other CMS. This includes updating content, keeping track of usability and functionality, identifying trends and usage patterns, user testing and user experience, training others on CMS use, and managing permissions.
2.Implement communication tactics across sites. This includes coordinating with different units to make sure their communication priorities are met.
3. Works with members of marketing and communication team to launch new sites to support the mission/vision of ODL and to bring new ODL products to market
4. Sets up standards to align ODL brand across its different web properties.
5. Manages web vendor relationships and collaborates with IT to ensure optimal performance of sites and implementation of improvements.
6. Develops web analytics reports to identify improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 3-5 years of experience in digital/web management, online marketing or related field.
- Solid understanding of web technologies, including strong knowledge of web analytics (Google Analytics, SEO, etc) and Content Management Systems. Must keep up with emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding/ongoing awareness of best practices and user experience theory
- Proactive and motivated, able to take initiative, creative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Knowledge of best website practices
- Ability to multi-task, work collaboratively in a small team environment, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in excel and data analytic tools
- UX/UI experience preferred
- Digital Marketing experience recommended, but not required
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.