Wednesday, Feb 1
- 3:30 (Hackathon kick-off (10-105, Bush Room)
Thursday, Feb 2
- 9:00-12:00 (TBA) Hackathon continues
- 12:00-1:00 (10-250) Hackathon presentations to panel of judges
- 1:00-2:00 (TBA) Community luncheon
- 2:00 (10-250) Hackathon winners announced and closing remarks
Create tools to solve major problems in education. Mentors from ed-tech companies and edX will be available. Prizes include a chance to work with the MIT incubator and a total cash prize of $2500. Free food and swags are a given, of course. Hack away and have fun!
Higher education hackathon with a focus on the edX platform
- Create and/or connect apps to work on the edX platform
- Play with large person-course dataset to extract MOOC trends
- Create visualization for MIT course info
- And many more
Who can participate?
Open to all MIT students and postdocs. Event is free; registration required.
Hackathon organizers will be in touch with registrants to confirm participation & logistics closer to the event. Maximum number of participants: 75.
If you want to present your companies or have available APIs related to higher ed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Festival of Learning
Don't miss out on other Festival activities! Register here for the hackathon and other events.